As we are a not-for- profit community organisation parent participation and help is essential to the functioning of the service. There are many ways in which parents can become involved within the service including:
- Volunteering for our Parent Management Committee (see below)
- Maintenance Roster Mornings
- In class Parent Roster- We encourage parents to attend Parent Roster once a term if possible. This can be for a couple of hours or for the whole day. We find this time assists with strengthening deep connections between our educators and families through time, seeing what is involved in a kindy day, supporting the kindergarten day and ultimately relationships are optimised. We believe that our relationships with parents are as important as our relationships with our children.
- We invite parents and extended families along to various centre functions during the year each year. This includes:
- Welcome BBQ (beginning of year)
- Mother’s Night
- Grandparents Morning
- Book Week celebrations
- Father’s Night
- Family Fun Day
- End of Year concert’
Parent Management Committee
As a community and not for profit organisation, Wavell Heights Kindergarten Association Incorporated relies on the dedication of families, Educators and support staff. The Management Committee is responsible for the day to day operations and to ensure the Educators have support in critical business decisions.
Each Kindergarten year a new Management Committee is formed from volunteer parents or carers of the children enrolled in that year. Monthly meetings are held and formal processes are followed, the Management Committee are responsible for ensuring all policies and required regulations are adhered and followed. All Educators, staff and Management Committee volunteers hold valid Blue Cards.
Management Committee roles include:
- Vice President
- Workplace Health & Safety Officer
- Maintenance Officer
- Grants Officer
- Events Officer
- Marketing & Enrolments Officer